New Manual Articular Approach – Spine & Pelvis (MASP)
Full Fee - $1400inc GST. The Saver Price of $1200 is available till the 24th Feb 2020.
We are offering all 3 courses in this series in 2019 and 2020, follow the links below for the other courses in this series.
New Manual Articular Approach - Upper Extremity (MAUE)
New Manual Articular Approach - Lower Extremity (MALE)
New Manual Articular Approach (formerly Global Joint Treatment) is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints.
“Articular” refers to the joints of the body, which are critical points of interconnectivity between all other structures within the body. Joints receive and emit messages with other parts of the body, and are also connected to our emotions. New Manual Articular Approach is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints. It integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections.
MAA delves into the joints like never before. It examines the nerves of each joint, along with the arteries, meniscus, ligaments, capsule attachments and folds. It incorporates soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones of the body. The relationship between the viscera and the joints is not widely understood. MAA shows how interconnected they are and that without addressing this visceral connection many joint issues may not fully resolve. The application of the gentle MAA techniques improves the body’s ability to heal and restore itself to optimal health.
A joint is so much more complex than a place where bones come together. It is comprised of multiple components – including bone, cartilage, muscles, tendons, nerves, and fluid – that when functioning properly, allow the joint to glide smoothly and pain-free. If one component becomes problematic, the entire joint begins to compensate and not function properly. This leads to dysfunction ranging from temporary pain to longer term damage. All parts and systems within the body are interconnected – joints included – and when there is dysfunction in one place, other areas can be negatively impacted. A skilled MAA practitioner can properly assess the interactions of the joints with the body to help restore proper function.
• Identify in detail the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine and pelvis.
• Describe typical pain patterns that arise from dysfunction of these areas, and how they relate to the nerves, vascular system, viscera, muscles, and connective tissue.
• Demonstrate evaluation methods and treatment techniques to facilitate normal functioning of these areas.
• Describe and demonstrate how to evaluate each major area to determine its primary dysfunction, as well as the anatomical or physiological systems that are contributing to the dysfunction.
• Describe and demonstrate how to treat the anatomical or physiological systems that contribute to the primary dysfunction of each area.
• Discuss practical integration into treatment sessions.
Prerequisite: This course is intended for licensed or certified healthcare professionals, or for students nearing completion in their studies to become a healthcare professional, with palpation skills and experience as well as anatomical knowledge.
Recommended Experience: VM1 or LT1
New Manual Articular Approach - Spine & Pelvis (MASP) Course Dates
|New Manual Articular Approach - Spine & Pelvis (MASP)||Royal On The Park Hotel|