The Thorax (VM4)
(Corresponds to former VMII and PIVM)
Full Fee: $1100inc GST. Early Saver applies until 5 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
In this four day course, Visceral Manipulation: The Thorax (VM4), participants will study the functional biomechanics of the thoracic cavity and explore the relationship between the hard and soft frame, its countless articulations for respiration, circulatory requirements and upper body movement patterns. The course will provide participants with ample, supervised hands-on instruction in order to practice locating, evaluating and normalizing primary areas of dysfunction.
After taking Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 and 2, participants will have become acquainted with the feel of the different abdominal organs and local restrictions. The Thorax course takes an expanded look at the functional biomechanics of the thoracic cavity and explores the relationship between the hard frame and soft frame with its countless articulations for respiration, circulatory requirements and upper body movement patterns.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- To locate the visceral fascia of the throat and thoracic cavity;
- The anatomy, biomechanics and function of the thoracic organs;
- The biomechanics of the cervical, thoracic, rib cage and shoulder girdle complex;
- Techniques to release the soft tissue components of the thoracic inlet and hyoid apparatus and practice listening techniques within the thoracic activity;
- Integration of the thoracic organs with the complex ligament systems of that body region
- Techniques for differentiating between somatic and visceral causes for thoracic and spinal problems;
- Pleura, Lungs, Pericardium, Heart, Mediastinum, Thyroid, Trachea, Esophagus, Sternum, Rib Cage and Thoracic Plexuses.
Prerequisite: VM2 or VM1B
- The Thorax by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO. Available for $60inc GST, email email@example.com or call 0411 488198 to order.
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
The Thorax (VM4) Course Dates
|The Thorax (VM4)||The Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne|