Course Accreditation - Click here for more informationATMS: Australian Traditional Medicines Society has approved this course for 24 CPE Points
CAA: This program has been assessed by the Chiropractors Association of Australia (National) Ltd, a body recognized by the Chiropractic Board of Australia, and allocated 24 Formal Learning Activity Hours
MMA: Massage & Myotherapy Australia has approved this course for 20 CPE Points
OA: Osteopathy Australia Endorsed Course 24 CPD
Full Fee: $1200inc GST. The Saver Price of $990 is available till the 3nd March 2019.
(This course Corresponds to former VM1A)
In this four day course, participants will learn an integrative approach to evaluation and treatment of the structural relationships between the viscera, and their fascial or ligamentous attachments to the musculoskeletal system. Strains in the connective tissue of the viscera can result from surgical scars, adhesion, illness, posture and injury. These strains can create fixed, abnormal points of tension that the body must move around, and this chronic irritation gives way to functional and structural problems. In VM1, participants will study the models and theories of functional biomechanics as viewed from Jean-Pierre Barral's innovative approach.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- The manual skills to locate, evaluate and normalize primary areas of dysfunction within the abdominal cavity;
- The dynamics of motion and suspension in relation to organs, membranes & ligaments;
- The relationship of organs and structural or neuro musculoskeletal dysfunction;
- How to assess the quality of functional activity & somatic structures as relates to an overall pattern.
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate awaiting license/accreditation with experience in manual therapy.
- Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO and Pierre Mercier. Available for $80inc GST. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0411 488198 to order.
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
Abdomen 1 (VM1) Course Dates
Dr. Ron Mariotti Course List
|Listening Techniques 1: An Integrative Approach to Evaluation (LT)||Pacific Brisbane|
|The Thorax (VM4)||The Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney|
|Visceral Manipulation: Advanced Clinical Applications for Common Gastrointestinal Issues - 3: VM-ACA-CG3||The Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney|
Welcome to Barral Institute's online service for booking your course...
Date/Time 06/04/2019 - 09/04/2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Location Pacific Brisbane, 345 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Booking Option 1:
If you have been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, you will need to LOGIN to register for the course you have selected using the member booking form.
Booking Option 2:
If you have NOT been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, please fill in the following form to register for the course you have selected.
Please enter your name below as you would like it to appear on your course certificate.Booking Request Form