Full Fee - $1400inc GST. The Saver Price of $1200 is available till the 9th March 2020.
We are offering another course in this 3 part series. All classes are entry level.
New Manual Articular Approach - Lower Extremity (MALE)
New Manual Articular Approach (formerly Global Joint Treatment) is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints.
“Articular” refers to the joints of the body, which are critical points of interconnectivity between all other structures within the body. Joints receive and emit messages with other parts of the body, and are also connected to our emotions. New Manual Articular Approach is a manual therapy modality that applies a comprehensive approach to the treatment of joints. It integrates all aspects of the joint including the nerve, artery, bone, capsule, and ligaments, as well as visceral and emotional connections.
MAA delves into the joints like never before. It examines the nerves of each joint, along with the arteries, meniscus, ligaments, capsule attachments and folds. It incorporates soft tissue mobilization of the associated bones, while looking at direct and indirect relationships between the bones of the body. The relationship between the viscera and the joints is not widely understood. MAA shows how interconnected they are and that without addressing this visceral connection many joint issues may not fully resolve. The application of the gentle MAA techniques improves the body’s ability to heal and restore itself to optimal health.
A joint is so much more complex than a place where bones come together. It is comprised of multiple components – including bone, cartilage, muscles, tendons, nerves, and fluid – that when functioning properly, allow the joint to glide smoothly and pain-free. If one component becomes problematic, the entire joint begins to compensate and not function properly. This leads to dysfunction ranging from temporary pain to longer term damage. All parts and systems within the body are interconnected – joints included – and when there is dysfunction in one place, other areas can be negatively impacted. A skilled MAA practitioner can properly assess the interactions of the joints with the body to help restore proper function.
• Identify in detail the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine and pelvis.
• Describe typical pain patterns that arise from dysfunction of these areas, and how they relate to the nerves, vascular system, viscera, muscles, and connective tissue.
• Demonstrate evaluation methods and treatment techniques to facilitate normal functioning of these areas.
• Describe and demonstrate how to evaluate each major area to determine its primary dysfunction, as well as the anatomical or physiological systems that are contributing to the dysfunction.
• Describe and demonstrate how to treat the anatomical or physiological systems that contribute to the primary dysfunction of each area.
• Discuss practical integration into treatment sessions.
Prerequisite: This course is intended for licensed or certified healthcare professionals, or for students nearing completion in their studies to become a healthcare professional, with palpation skills and experience as well as anatomical knowledge.
Recommended Experience: VM1 or LT1
Copy and paste this text EBOOK-New Manual Articular Approach - Cervical Spine into the search option at the top right of the screen and press GO to view the MASP Ebook. Sold in USD's
- New Manual Articular Approach - Upper Extremity by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO & Alain Croibier DO, MRO (F). (Released in 2019) Available for $110inc GST, email email@example.com or call 0411 488198 to order. Follow link to purchase an EBook version of the New Manual Articular Approach - Upper Extremity text book.
- New Manual Articular Approach - Lower Extremity by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO & Alain Croibier DO, MRO (F). (Released in 2016) Available for $110inc GST, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0411 488198 to order. Follow link to purchase an EBook version of the New Manual Articular Approach - Lower Extremity text book
- Visceral Vascular Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO. Available for $110inc GST, email email@example.com or call 0411 488198 to order. Follow link to purchase an EBook version of the Visceral Vascular Manipulation text book
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
New Manual Articular Approach - Spine & Pelvis (MASP) Course Dates
|Date||Course (Click link below for Booking Form)||Location|
Jean-Pierre Barral is an Osteopath and Registered Physical Therapist who serves as Director (and Faculty) of the Department of Osteopathic Manipulation at the University of Paris School of Medicine in Paris, France. He earned his diploma in Osteopathic Medicine in 1974 from the European School of Osteopathy in Maidstone, England, and went on to teach spinal biomechanics at the institution from 1975-1982.He developed the modality of Visceral Manipulation based on his innovative theory that each internal organ rotates on a physiological axis. In collaboration with Alain Croibier, D.O. Jean-Pierre Barral has also developed the modalities of Neural Manipulation and Global Joint Treatment based on their on-going clinical research.
Barral holds the title of Curriculum Developer for the Barral Institute. Barral took the modalities and developed them into various manual therapy courses, which he taught since 1985. Barral has trained and certified a team of International Teachers who also instruct these courses around the world.
Since 1999 he has maintained a private practice in Grenoble, France. Also since 1999 he has served as Chairman of Department of Visceral Manipulation on the Faculty of Medicine Osteopathy, Grenoble, France; the Chairman of Department of Visceral Manipulation on Faculty of Medicine Paris du Nord; and Academic Director of International College of Osteopathy, St. Etienne, France.
Jean-Pierre Barral Course List
|Date||Course (Click link below for Booking Form)||Location|
|Advanced Visceral Manipulation: The Brain (AVMTB)||Royal On The Park Hotel|
Welcome to Barral Institute's online service for booking your course...
Date/Time 23/04/2016 - 25/04/2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location Swissôtel Sydney, 68 Market St, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Booking Option 1:
If you have been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, you will need to LOGIN to register for the course you have selected using the member booking form.
Booking Option 2:
If you have NOT been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, please fill in the following form to register for the course you have selected.
Please enter your name below as you would like it to appear on your course certificate.Booking Request Form
This event is fully booked.