(Corresponds to former VTW I&II)
Full Fee: $1100inc GST. The early Saver Price of $950 available until the 23rd Feb 2023 for this course.
This three day course, NM1, is a specialized course focusing on the impact of trauma and whiplash.
Integrative treatment requires attention to mechanical relationships between the cranium/spine hard frame, and the dural and neural elements. NM provides approaches to address restrictions of the dural and neural components not commonly focused on with musculoskeletal symptoms.
Additionally, traumatic nerve lesions typically do not result in a recognizable, well-defined, clinical picture. Instead a broad spectrum of disturbances can be found. NM treatments change intra- and extra-neural pressure and improve sympathetic function to blood vessels due to the auto-innervation of the sympathetic ganglia and sympathetic innervation of peri-neural connective tissues, both of which are affected with treatment of fixations in the nerve sheaths.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- The three primary areas of trauma as they relate to whiplash: physical laws, evaluation and treatment;
- The appropriate anatomy and physiology for treatment of whiplash and trauma conditions;
- To locate and release restrictions along the meningeal system;
- Assess injuries to the soft tissues of the cervical region and learn treatment protocols for optimal release;
- Tests to determine restriction patterns of the cervicobrachial region;
- Understand how whiplash creates restriction patterns throughout the body;
- Identify techniques that encompass the whole body, as the whole body receives collision forces in a whiplash injury, not just the cervical spine;
- To evaluate restrictions in the lumbosacral region;
- Discover new applications of visceral manipulation principles and techniques as they can be utilized for patients presenting whiplash and other conditions involving trauma;
- Compare treatment sequence and tests for whiplash and traumatic injuries.
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate awaiting licensure/accreditation with experience in manual listening skills.
- Hard copy version of the Trauma: An Osteopathic Approach text book by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO and Pierre Mercier. Available for $90inc GST Plus $15 P/H. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0411 488198 to order.
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
Welcome to Barral Institute's online service for booking your course...
Date/Time 11/08/2014 - 13/08/2014
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location The Travelodge Hotel Docklands Melbourne, 66 Aurora Ln, Docklands, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Booking Option 1:
If you have been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, you will need to LOGIN to register for the course you have selected using the member booking form.
Booking Option 2:
If you have NOT been provided with a user account for this website from Shane Hill, please fill in the following form to register for the course you have selected.
Please enter your name below as you would like it to appear on your course certificate.Booking Request Form
Bookings are closed for this event.